Our Commercial & Corporate practice has broad sector experience and provides commercially legal advice. We seek to provide a strategic outlook coupled with a deep understanding of the regulatory framework.
We regularly assist clients with business formation, restructuring as well as advisory of new investments through mergers, acquisitions (M&A) and debt financing. We also provide advisory services in drafting of commercial contracts and represent our clients in ensuring compliance with different regulatory regimes under competition law, energy sector, telecommunication, financial sector capital markets, creative and entertainment industry, telecommunication and technology sector.
“We seek to provide a strategic outlook coupled with a deep understanding of the regulatory framework. ”
- One of our Partners was the lead lawyer in supporting business teams in documenting complex commercial deals, cross border and mergers and acquisitions including negotiating terms and reviewing subscription and shareholder agreements with strategic investors.
- Lead Partner in advising an Online Reproductive Health Services on setup, drafting of policies, Terms & Conditions as well as advising on Data Protection Act relating to data security (2020, Nairobi)
- One of our Partners was part of a team that Representing a Japanese teaching program in reviewing their Franchise Agreement to ensure Compliance with Kenyan Law and in specific Competition Law.
- One of our Partners was the lead counsel in the structuring of a leading School Project in Eldoret.
- One of our Partners played a key legal role in the project committee for the issuance of a subordinated multicurrency Medium Term Note Programme for a tier 2 financial institution.
- One of our Partners advised in structuring and set up of a Grade A slaughter farm whose business value is Kshs. 250 Million (2017, Nairobi)
- One of our Partners drafted and reviewed contracts with third party service providers and partners including but not limited to Information Technology contracts for banking software, software licensing and support Agreements, agency banking agreements, money transfer and remittance agreements, general outsourcing and service agreements, consultancy agreements and human resource contracts.
- One of our Partners successfully implemented the competition law compliance program while working for an institution in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCGs) industry to enable the business achieve its objectives while ensuring legal compliance.
- One of our Partners successfully implemented a contracts management system while working for an institution in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCGs) industry